PARENTING JOURNEY is online this Spring! Start date: Monday 4/27/20 from 6:30-7:45 pm The program is experiential which means you learn by doing – and it’s fun. Through a combination of hands-on activities and guided discussions, you will develop knowledge and skills that support you as a parent and role model. By reflecting on your own childhood, you will be able to choose what kind of parent you want to be and create your own style of parenting – one that reflects your personal vision and values.
Location: online, using the free ZOOM app (internet and a private space in your home are required) Duration: 12 Weeks Cost: Free, and you will receive a $25.00 supermarket gift card (having a meal together is part of this program!) To Sign Up: email Patrice at email@example.com
Registration Deadline: Friday, 4/17/20 **Space is limited so sign up now to reserve your spot! WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? In a supportive setting, we will help you create a stronger family foundation for yourself and your children.
· Gain confidence, identify strengths, and become more optimistic in your parenting
· Learn tools to effectively model positive parenting behaviors at home
· Learn to tackle everyday stressors and challenging situations
· Reflect on your own family history, and identify unhealthy practices you may have experienced as a child
· Become more intentional as a parent and less reactive with your children
· Build community and increase your support network.
· Learn about local resources available to you.
Patrice Baker Parent Program Coordinator/Home Visitor Families First Health & Support Center 100 Campus Drive, Suite 12, Portsmouth, NH 03801 Tel: 603-422-8209 firstname.lastname@example.org GoodwinCH.org | FamiliesFirstSeacoast.org GSCH_Logo_email_signature
*Parent Resources please note-we at GWRSD find Lynn Lyons to be a valuable resource for parents and educators, and that while there are some segments of her website that may involve purchasing, we are sharing it so that all may have access to the free information.